Government- Federal, State & Local Industry Case Studies
The challenges faced by Government (Federal, State and City) entities is changing.
Once it was much like any other business but now they face:
- Loss of experienced staff
- Complexity of procurement laws
- Turnover / deal with employment agencies
- Multi-year contracts (3+)
- Keeping up with Information technology growth
- Aging work management processes
- IDIQ / term contracts
- Contract bundling
- Multi-vendor awards
EDI’s long time experience with large military installations and large city government has enabled EDI to appear time again on the preferred and approved vendor lists pertaining to world class asset and inventory management processes.
EDI supports government to maximize investment in assets and improve public service through the implementation of efficient asset tracking.
EDI’s government customers have experienced:
- Establishment of complete and accurate lists of owned and maintained equipment across the entire installation, including configuration management of complex assets like helicopters and weapons systems.
- Implementation of work management procedures that ensure asset reliability and safety compliance while maximizing labor utilization and minimizing material costs.
- Implementation of robust inventory management processes including addressing documentation challenges associated with tracking ammunitions and the complexities of tracking rotating assets and secondary repair processes.
- Development of efficient ways to manage large geographic areas (GIS) and tracking owned and maintained assets with an EAM.
- Implementation of work management processes that allow the city to efficiently manage work and meet service level agreements across departments with very different business models, including:
- Information Technology, including integrations to financial systems
- Public Works
- Fleet- buses, rail, service vehicles
- Water/ Wastewater and more…
- Providing means to accurately track costs associated with maintenance and services to appropriate budgets and special funding mechanisms
- Achievement of significant gains in accuracy, efficiency, and accountability through the implementation of various mobile technologies for city-wide water quality testing, warehouse inventories, meter readings and street light repairs.
- Expert role-based asset management training to empower and inspire government employees.